The Treviso-Ostiglia route was a state-owned Italian railway line connecting Ostiglia to Treviso. It was built by the Italian army for strategic purposes to defend the north-eastern borders. The idea was soon abandoned, however, as the Padova-Bologna line was considered sufficient. Later some parliamentarians, led by Leone Wollemborg, took steps to reopen the project and build the railway line. It was considered an important operation for commercial purposes; the beneficiaries were the large and rich agricultural towns in the centre of Veneto. The First World War interrupted the work in progress and was resumed only in 1920. Ten years later, a few months before the beginning of the Second World War, the new railway line was inaugurated and few trains attended it. Fundamental nodes, besides the two terminal stations of the route, were Camposampiero, Legnago, Grisignano di Zocco. To remember that the route was used for the deportation of Jews to concentration camps in Nazi Germany. Representing a strategic artifact, it was bombed several times by the Allied Air Force.
Today the former railway line, thanks to a project of the Province of Padua and Treviso, has been transformed into a very popular cycle-pedestrian path.
The old railway stations and toll booths are still visible, even if they were badly damaged, but they are still fully recognizable and on some occasions they have been recovered and restructured to accommodate commercial activities.